Davis probably the best Brand for weather station among all the competitors. Their weather station allows just anyone to find the right combination of sensors, price, accuracy, and reliability. 6250 Vantage Vue is one of their models, it gives you huge value to money.
It is known to provide accurate and frequent weather updates. This wireless station is easy to install and easier to use. It comes packed with all the standard sensors and provides wide array of readings.
I have to point out that 6250 Vantage Vue are designed for both beginners or professional weather geek. I've been using this model since 2009 and i have to say that it's still strong. The best thing about this model is the transmission and accurate data.
Without any further ado, Let's check out it's features.
6250 Vantage Vue features a wireless sensor unit that runs on the solar energy and offers power storage. The integrated solar panels charge the unit during the day. The advanced capacitors store the energy for power supply at night. The sensor unit also supports C Lithium battery backup, but the batteries must be purchased additionally.
The anemometer provides a wide range of wind speed measurement from 3 km/h to 240 km/h. The weather station is also capable of measuring the wind direction in degrees or compass points.
6250 can display the temperature reading ranging from -40 degrees to 65 degrees Celsius. Relative humidity measurement ranges from 0 to 100%.
The sensor unit housing provides effective protection against moisture and elements. This weather station features a corrosion resistant weather proof covering, which makes the unit very durable. It also has a radiation shield which guards the unit from heat and solar radiation.
The Integrated Sensor Suit (ISS) aka Outdoor Unit has the following features.
- Rain Collector
- Rugged Housing
- Radiation Shield
- Temperature/Relative Humidity
- Easy Installation
- Wind Direction & Wind Speed
- Solar Panel
- Built-in Bubble Level
DAVIS 6250 Vantage Vue uses the Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) technology for transmission in the radio frequency range of 902 to 928 MHz. The transmission and reception are coordinated with the help of the pseudorandom sequence.
It is an advanced technology that significantly enhances the transmission/reception quality and enables transmission over larger distance. 6250 is capable of transmitting the signals to up to 300 meters (nearly 1000ft) from the sensors to the display console.
Models with cellular transmission capabilities are also available in certain countries. A SIM card is required for cellular connection and uses the mobile data network for transmission. Cellular transmission lets you send data over the internet and thus erases the geographical boundaries. You can monitor the weather conditions at the location of the installation from anywhere in the world.
The display of this weather station is available in yellow colour. The LCD display screen is 4.375 inches wide and 3 inches high. The keypad has the backlight that glows in the dark.
If you are running the console on the AC power, the backlight remains on until it is turned off. If you are running the console on battery the backlight remains on for 60 seconds after your last key press.
The LCD Display updates both outdoor temperature in every 10 seconds and indoor temperature every minute. Also, It updates outside humidity every 50 seconds and indoor humidity in every minute.
Here are the list of the things you can do with the LCD Console.
- Time & Date
- Moon Phase
- Temperature & Humidity
- Variable Display Options
- “Change in Weather Since Yesterday” Feature
- Weather Center
- User-Friendly Keypad
- “This Time Yesterday” Feature
- Wind Speed
The console also acts as a repeater. It can retransmit the signal to any other console within the 300m radius.
- 6250 Vantage Vue offers an update interval of less than 3 seconds, making it one of the fastest weather stations available
- The console of this weather station provides a wide range of readings and information
- You don’t need to purchase any additional repeater if you need to transmit the signals beyond 300m. The console is capable of retransmitting the signal to another 300m.
- Graphical representation of the data makes it easier to understand and analyze. You can review the graphs for the last few months.
- The console can display as many as 50 graphs with readings from the sensor on various parameters such as wind speed, atmospheric pressure, rain, temperature and humidity.
- You can set more than 20 alerts at a time to forewarn you of the dangerous weather conditions. This is a safety mechanism which could be very helpful in the areas where weather conditions are unpredictable and touch the extremes.
- The sensors are solar powered. If you live in the area where it remains overcast most of the times, you will need to purchase additional batteries, which adds to the cost. Moreover, the power storage may not last through the night at all times.
- Since the station uses the wireless transmission, you need to make sure that there are no obstructions between the sensor unit and console. The obstructions tend to deteriorate the signal quality. However, In most cases it wouldn't be a problem.
Wrapping it up!
I think this is the best option if you’re looking for accuracy and reliable. I know accuracy and reliability doesn’t go hand to hand but this Davis Model is an exception. This could your expensive purchase but i’m sure this will definitely worth it.